Google
 

Sunday, May 13, 2007

I've Gone and Done It Now!

Well, I've done it. I've jumped into Web 2.0 and exposed myself on the Internet. Of course, I've had a web page on the internet for years so I guess this is just a natural extension of that. Lately I've become intrigued by Web 2.0 as I've come to appreciate the fact that it is all about the social networking. I'm inspired by foks like Leo Laporte, Veronica Belmont, and Tom Merritt who seem to live their lives in the open on the Net. I'll bet Veronica Belmont gets her share of weirdo email.

I checked out My Space and came to the conclusion that it was a bit too heavy on the "meeting people" aspects for a happily married middle aged father of two and just a bit juvenile too. Facebook seemed to want to know too much for me to just check it out. I actually created an account in LinkedIn, but it tried to "up sell" me from the beginning. I could see that was going to get annoying. Blogging seemed like the better option for someone like me. I also read some negatives about the overwhelming spam, stalkers, and assorted weirdos on My Space. I'm afraid that is why you'll never see the actual names of my children on this page or their pictures. They're gorgeous kids, which is why I'll never post their pictures on the Internet. You'll also never see my birth date, my exact address, or other personal information. If you know me, then you know my kids' names. If you don't know me, then you don't need to know. Of course, I realize that you can find all this out easily enough these days, but I don't need to help you.

I hope I have something interesting to say. You can expect to read details of my travels, interesting legal topics, tips for living in Florida, and some general musings.

No comments:

Post a Comment